Scrub Island Sailing School in the BVI
At Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina
AAA Four Diamond Private Island Resort and Marriott Autograph Collection Hotel
This beautiful private island resort in the British Virgin Islands has a gorgeous two-tier pool with a superior hot tub – waiting for you to jump in and swim up to the bar for an ice cold libation. A variety of amenities in Marina village are yours to enjoy before or after your sailing adventure! Here’s what you can expect at the Scrub Island Resort:
- A collection of luxury villas, ocean view guest rooms and suites
- Daily dining in Donovan’s Reef, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Dinner at the resort’s signature restaurant, Cardamom & Co.
- Provisioning from the Gourmet Market & Cafe
- Ixora Spa offering a full menu of soothing treatments from its hillside perch
- The main resort pool, with multiple levels, spectacular views, and a hot tub
- Donovan’s Beach by the main resort pool, equipped with kayaks, paddle boards and a water trampoline
- North Beach, a private refuge for ultimate relaxation (pack a picnic!)
- 24-hour Fitness Center
- Antilia Boutique & Dive Shop for essentials, resort wear and snorkeling gear
- Excursions to The Baths, Norman Island and Jost van Dyke
- Airport transfer service from Tortola (EIS) airport
- Private, scheduled ferry service to and from Trellis Bay
- Complimentary welcome fruit or rum punch as you step off the ferry to start your vacation
Sign Up Now to and Learn to Sail and Cruise in Paradise!
If you’re looking for things to do on Scrub Island, here are all the programs available at Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina:
- 5-Day Learn to Sail Courses
- Fast Track to Cruising® courses on catamarans and monohulls
- Bareboat Charter Courses on catamarans and monohulls (sail during the day, stay ashore in a Scrub Island accommodation at night)
- Catamaran Live Aboard Cruising
- Sailing Lessons
If we may offer an altruistic appeal, your visit this year will make an impact on the lives of many of the territory’s residents. The lovely people of the British Virgin Islands have been overwhelmed by the warmth and concern they received following last year’s storms. They are incredibly excited to welcome you to their country, knowing you’ll quickly fall in love with their relaxed hospitality, astonishing natural wonders, spectacular views and that unbelievable, crystal clear water. The British Virgin Islands are calling you!
How to Get to Scrub Island
The quickest way to get to the island is to fly into the Terrence B. Lettsome (EIS) airport on Beef Island, Tortola which is a five-minute taxi ride to the dock where the resort ferry picks you up for the 10 minute ride over to the resort. We need your arrival and departure times from the airport to ensure someone is waiting for you outside after you get your baggage to guide you to the taxi.
Most major airlines in the U.S. fly into San Juan, Puerto Rico, which has daily connections via Seabourne and other small airlines to the airport on Beef Island. Alternatively, you can fly into St. Thomas and take a 45-minute ferry to the customs office in downtown Road Town on Tortola, and for the time being the resort is providing complimentary transfers from that location to the resort too. This is about a 40-minute taxi ride to the resort’s ferry at Trellis Bay, so we highly recommend flying straight into the airport (EIS) on Tortola! Please make sure you give us your arrival location and time.
Call 888-454-7015 and talk to one of our friendly sailing advisors about our Scrub Island Marina sailing courses or email Sail@OffshoreSailing.com.